Good Neighbors Food Pantry of Boyne City brings the whole community together to serve people experiencing food insecurity. Doing so strengthens our community by providing opportunities for neighbors to help neighbors.
Good Neighbors Food Pantry:
- Provides healthy food and other resources to those in need in a welcoming atmosphere
- Demonstrates respect and caring toward clients and pantry volunteers alike
- Focuses on providing fresh, healthy food, including partnering with the Boyne City Farmers Market to provide fresh produce
- Participates in food rescue from local stores, restaurants, farms, gardens, and individuals
- Strives to educate and inform clients
- Increases community awareness of food insecurity
Board of Directors
Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month at 5:15 at the pantry.
Board members: Susan Conklin, President; Peg Faulman, Vice-president; Kathy Anderson, Treasurer; Cindy Grice, Secretary; Fran Solomon; Jack Laurent; Nancy Simon; Linda Burnham, Joanne Park-Foley, Laura Richards
From our beginnings, Good Neighbors volunteers and board members have placed a high value on health and nutrition. Our Nutrition Guidelines to put these values in writing. The purpose of the guidelines is to support the overall health and wellbeing of those we serve, and to guide the pantry’s procurement of food. Click here for Guidelines.