COVID-19 Precautions and Strategies
In light of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation, we will be taking various precautions at the pantry, and implementing strategies to deal with this health crisis. We aren’t closing at this point: we will continue to give food to our shopper families, many of whom will be in even greater need than usual. We will, however, alter our procedures to help keep everyone safe.
In an effort to promote “social distancing”, we will not be “open” as usual. Instead, we will be distributing pre-assembled food boxes to families directly to their vehicles.
We have given our volunteers the following guidelines:
- If you aren’t feeling well, please stay home. If you’re just returning from spending time in a more affected area, or have had contact with someone who has, please give yourself some time before coming to the pantry.
- If you aren’t comfortable volunteering at the pantry at this time, that’s perfectly fine, and you’re encouraged to stay home if it is at all stressful for you.
- Respect the social distance we are all encouraged to keep; be sensitive to the preferences of your neighbors.
- Wash your hands as soon as you arrive at the pantry, and frequently after that. The sinks in the bathrooms and kitchen have soap and paper towels available.
- Between hand washings, hand sanitizer is available at several locations in the pantry.
- There are gloves available to wear for your safety and the safety of others.
- As usual, please wipe down all surfaces (including carts) regularly with disinfectant wipes.
Good Neighbors is committed to do its part in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 while continuing to serve those in need.